Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Saturday, December 21, 2002

BAH.

Our web browser refuses to let us see graphics. It's not a glitch in Earthlink, it's a Windows update glitch. Jason has been trying like mad to fix it; only problem is, to get to the part of the Microsoft website where you can gripe about this sort of thing, you need to click on - you guessed it - a graphic. So if you can't see it, you can't click on it. Simple as that.

It's really frustrating, though, as I keep track of my favorite comics online and now can't even see the damn things. Plus it makes a whole bunch of other sites pretty worthless as well. I'm shocked I can even get here to update this thing.

Moving on.....

Had my latest prenatal appointment yesterday. Everything is cool, and I've only put on five pounds in the past month - astounding, really, considering all the Christmas goodies in the office and the fact that I've officially outgrown all non-maternity clothing items in my closet, shoes included. (Oh, there's a couple shirts and pants I can still squeeze into, but they're far from flattering, lemme tell ya.) The baby has a good strong heartbeat. Plus, we're going to have a gender scan next month - basically, an ultrasound to see if it's a boy or a girl, provided the kid doesn't get hit with a bout of modesty and have his or her lil' legs crossed when I go in. I doubt this, though, because Kiddo is flipping around like a gymnast in there, especially after being prodded with items such as the doctor's fetal stethescope.

I wore my "holiday dress" to yesterday's Christmas party and Secret Santa unveiling. It's the first piece of maternity clothing I'd ever purchased, a black velvet dress, and I received lots of compliments on how nice I looked. This made me very happy. :-) Secret Santa turned out well, especially since my friend Beth had been my Secret Santa - she got me a memory box for the baby's items (first shoe, baby book, etc.), plus a pacifier holder and two pacifiers. All were in the Winnie the Pooh theme, which people point out is so overdone but hey, when you've got people in central Ohio, rural Ohio, and West Virginia all buying stuff for you, it only makes sense to use things that anyone could find. Plus, let's face it, it's classic and it's cute and it'll fit with a baby boy or girl.

The holiday party was a grand opportunity for most of my co-workers to get three sheets ahead of the wind and bitch about where they work. *sigh* Which was really too bad, given the office party - it was quite the spread, even with me being unable to eat half the food there. (Shrimp and crab cakes - allergic. Brie - slightly allergic, plus pregnant women are supposed to stay away from soft cheeses. Rarebit sandwiches - pregnant women aren't exactly encouraged to eat undercooked meat either, which is a shame because they looked really damn tasty.) The best had to be when some of the Vaudvillities performers sang Christmas carols in our lobby (Gayna, our receptionist, is part of the group.) They started with a holiday medley, and I wish I could remember the songs, because the baby just went crazy over it. I felt all sorts of movement; Kiddo was loving it. I couldn't stop from smiling.

That's all the news, as I need to go get ready for a day trip to Marietta to see Jason's family for the holidays. We might stop in to see my folks next weekend, after Christmas, but Christmas Eve and Christmas Day will be here at home, alone for the last time. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home