Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Saturday, November 16, 2002

I need to go into work today, I'm so far behind and I've only worked 40.5 hours this week (compared to the normal 37.5 per week of my normal schedule). But I'm feeling sick, as usual - not nausea so much as dizziness and this heavy heart-pounding I feel whenever I exert myself. And I'm not talking a 100-meter dash here, either. I'm talking about taking a shower. I'm short of breath, no matter what I'm doing nor how I'm carrying myself. (My pregnancy books tell me to sit up straight to breathe better, but that's not helping very much.) Jason is convinced I need more exercise, but with my crazy schedule plus his new one of working six days a week, often going until 7 p.m. in the evening, it's going to be hard for either one of us to find the time or the energy. Plus I don't think it will alleviate the blood rush to my head I get every time I bend down to do something (like grabbing a file from a bottom drawer, feeding the cat, picking up something I dropped, etc. Although this might explain the horrible feeling I get during the shower, as our shower stall has no shelves nor any way to install a shower caddy - I'm forced to bend down, pick up, then set back down my shampoo, body wash, and conditioner.)

If I want to see anything resembling a larger paycheck, I should go in now, but I'm still feeling awful. The crappy weather and the mess the house is in don't help my willpower. Nor does the fact that while most pregnant women claim to have vivid dreams, I had nothing but vivid nightmares last night. I'm so tired. I just wish I could take a very long nap this weekend and forget about work, but I fear the nightmares again too much. Trust me. Work will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home