Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Monday, December 16, 2002

More baby news:

I don't know if it's a boy. I don't know if it's a girl. But I know one thing for sure: It's a geek.

Yesterday Jason and I went to see "Star Trek: Nemesis," during the course of which the "Star Trek: TNG" theme is played twice distinctly. Both times, the baby just went nuts. All sorts of little movements and twitches. I couldn't help but laugh.

In other news....

I hate my office right now, as candies and Christmas goodies abound. My next prenatal appointment is on Friday, and I know my doctor is going to give me royal shit for putting on so much weight. I don't really think so much of it is from the junk food, though. I'd like to point out that I'm now at my pre-Weight Watchers weight. It took me four months to lose it, now I've gained it all back in four months, but the switch is that now, I'm pregnant. So I still think I'm doing pretty well.

I'm more bummed out that I tried to put on a pair of grey knit pants today, and they didn't fit. Even worse, I just wore them last week, and although they were mildly snug then, they weren't cutting off abdominal circulation. BAH. If they don't fit now, this means that most of my other pants are now useless for several months. Today is my first day of wearing honest-to-God maternity pants, and I hate them. Oh, they're comfortable, and they fit, but the waistline goes up to just inches below my boobs and that's annoying as hell. :-P

We are now planning a little party for New Year's Eve. It should be OK, but a twelve of Corona has already been purchased, and someone's already mentioned a drinking game. Not like I can't live without alcohol, but to know I'm going to be toasting in 2003 with apple juice (blech!) just kinda sucks.

That's all my updates for now, as I hit 20 weeks as of tomorrow - this will be the halfway point of my pregnancy. I'm wishing the baby's movements were a little more distinct, or regular, or could be felt by placing a hand on top my abdomen (so Jason could feel it, too). I'm hoping all is well. And I'm hoping for a safe, happy holiday season with a baby on board. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home