Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

So here another year comes to an end. I usually make some comment about the years' previous events and trends. So here goes: Katrina, gas prices at $3 a gallon, Gov. Taft's corruption staining my whole state, more dead in Iraq and no end in sight. Tweed shoes and chocolate brown clothing. Brangelina and TomKat (and if I have to ask years later what the hell those words mean, thank god, that means I haven't heard them anymore!)

But let's look at the homefront, here at Casa Warren: Five jobs total for me during the year, as well as a really rough financial time. Pita's death. Illness abounding, as Veronica finally caught stomach bugs and Jason and I both vomitted more than we had since meeting one another. Debbie moving to Arizona.

I'm not saying good things haven't happened. My new job, Veronica growing up a little more and more. Veronica's love of her preschool and Sara moving back to Ohio. The fact that we DID manage to keep a roof over our heads, albeit due to much help from our family and friends. The help we got. But still, I can't say I'm sorry to see this year end. Here's hoping 2006 brings all the good things that 2005 sure as hell didn't bring. For me, Jason and Veronica, and for all of us.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM , Blogger Katja said...

    Here is to hoping, that 2005 will bring many happy days and good things to you and your family.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home