Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

OK, doing a little better. I finally got to sleep around 3:30 a.m., and then Jason was kind enough to get Veronica dressed this morning and take her to preschool, thus leaving me time to sleep some more. I should be caught up, although I'm still drowsy, still mopey, still cranky, and still sporting a monster headache that I hope two Motrin will make go away soon.

Some mommy-related updates:

Veronica's favorite books right now: Photo albums. She loves flipping through the pages, pointing out people and things she knows. With a couple of exceptions, she seems to know Mommy, Daddy, and Zane in all photos, despite ages and differences in appearances. (One high school photo of me she identified as "Debbie," and one shot of me skinny with blond hair in California was deemed to be her svelte blonde teacher, Miss Lori.) She points out Pita still (calling her "Petey"), her bear, and even herself. "Dere Ni-cra!" she says when she gets to a photo of herself at the age of 6 months or older. (Younger than that, she just calls the image "the baby.") Plus she has a group collage now of her playmates at school, and tells me who they are most days. What's funny is when she points to the older kids, all of whom must be named "Big kid" in her eyes.

Also, for the past couple days, having this weird feeling of energy coupled with a mental blur, I decided to try a little exercise. It's a good way to use up the energy without having to think too hard. So far, I've been pretty amazed at how well I've done, but I've also come to a discovery: The place I hurt the worst is where my C-section scar is located. The muscle there has obviously been affected. It feels like it never healed up, or is just very weak, or something. It's hard to explain, but I wonder if it will ever get any better. My friend Sharon works out religiously at the gym and said that her muscles in that area never did get back to normal after her C-section. Not like I should've thought my abdomen was above such a thing, I guess I just never had reason to contimplate it before now.

Time to see if I can get something useful done today. Next week is Thanksgiving with Jason's family, followed by an early Christmas celebration at my folks' house. Jason's Aunt Emily is getting married on Dec. 17th and Veronica will be the flower girl, accompanied by Zane the ring bearer. Sure, I don't see this arrangment ending up disasterous AT ALL. ;-) So it's going to be busy. Here's hoping this headache will go away and that I'll feel better to tackle the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home