Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Monday, November 14, 2005

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm so thankful to Dora the Explorer for the moment. Thank you, thank you, thank you Dora.

Why am I spilling these accolades on the bilingual moppet whose over-excited yammering normally drives me nuts? Because of the Halloween episode, where a little monster (if you haven't seen the show, don't even ask) needs to get home "before the clock reaches twelve - all monsters must be home! It's the rule!" And throughout the episode, the characters keep referencing the Big Clock, which no matter how far they travel, is always in sight. That's one damn big clock...

Anyway, I digress. The point is, Jason found out that this works with Veronica as well. "It's time for bed, Veronica! Look at the clock, when the clock looks like that, little girls have to brush their teeth and go to bed! It's the RULE!" And she immediately walks off to the bathroom for toothbrushing, and then off to her bedroom for bed. I dread the day this little trick doesn't work anymore, but dang, am I happy about it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home