Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Look at the time, folks. Can you say "insomnia"?

Actually, yesterday I got my CPAP machine, which is to help with my sleep apnea. I took a couple naps with it, totalling 3.1 hours. (How do I know this? The machine keeps track.) Then I went to bed around midnight and slept for about two hours (I'm counting a good half-hour just to get to sleep in the get-up - for those of you who don't know, it's a face mask attached to a machine that pumps in air. Yeah, really comfortable.) Then Jason came home from Monday Night Football at Darren's place, I woke up a little, and BOOM - I have been unable to fall asleep since. I've been awake, or some state of near-awakeness, for two hours now. I tried to sleep. I got up and got a glass of water. I drank some more water - damn, this thing dries out my sinuses - and used the bathroom. I looked in the bathroom mirror and saw the red irritation the mask had given me above my lips, grrrr (but I think it's gone now, actually.) I read a little. I packed Jason a lunch for tomorrow. I surfed online a bit - big shocker, not a lot of updates since 11 p.m. last night, fancy that. :-P

I'm just now getting a bit fatigued and may try to sleep some more, albeit without the mask. (It's starting to storm outside and that's enough to keep me somewhat awake.) But I'm wondering if my brief period of time WITH the CPAP machine has actually given me more quality sleep than I've had in ages, thus resulting in my insomnia now. Hmmmm...I'll ponder on that as I go grab a bowl of cereal and then, hopefully, head back to bed, because it would be nice to have this sort of energy in daylight hours. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home