Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Need to get to bed. It's been a busy few weeks. Thanksgiving was spent in the Marietta area with Jason's family, and this past weekend was spent with my family and friends in WV. Veronica's been full of energy, both when she's having fun and when she's having a tantrum. Jason's been under the weather, and was full-out sick on Saturday night to the point where I was very worried about him and cursing the fact that nothing in my hometown is open past 8 p.m. so I could buy him some medicine. (OK, there's a gas station with a convenience store that's open, but who knows if they'd have something? Nearest late-opened store: Wal-Mart, 12 miles away. Fortunately he was feeling better before I had to pick apart the mini-mart for Immodium.)

But now I'm giddy yet nervous as hell, because I start a new job tomorrow. I'll be working for the State of Ohio. I'm on a probationary period. I think everything should go well, that I will be good at this job and enjoy it, but I'm still scared half to death. Things have been so tight around here financially that I'm terrified that something will go wrong, and that we'll be broke again. So please wish my paranoid ass some luck. :-)

Hopefully, a longer and more Veronica-centric update soon.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:58 AM , Blogger Katja said...

    Good luck on your first day! I am sure you will do great!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home