Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Poor Veronica. It stormed last night, pretty hard as a matter of fact, and she was terrified of the thunder. I've never quite seen her that scared of something, most likely because she just couldn't explain it.

So something happened last night that has never happened before in her almost 3 years:

She slept in bed with us.

It wasn't idyllic; I had to take off my CPAP mask eventually, unable to get comfortable, and Jason ended up on the sofa. Veronica kicked us like mad and actually requested once to return to her own bed before changing her mind.

But to have her snuggle up against us...snoring very quietly and oh-so-adorably...and to have her not make one move, totally content and safe, when the thunder rolled, because she was by my side...It was wonderful. Jason wonders now why we haven't done this sooner, and I'm agreeing.

So here I am in the Midwest. Bring on the storms. I have the best reason ever to love them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home