Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Monday, April 10, 2006

More potty training fun.

I've been putting Veronica in "big-girl underwear" in the evenings, whenever we get the chance. Tonight she was playing in the living room and peed. So off we go to the bathroom, where Veronica is sitting on her potty, I'm using the toilet as a makeshift chair, and Jason's standing in the doorway should we need anything. The wet clothes are off of Veronica, and she's just sitting there in her socks and shirt.

The dialogue then goes something like this:

Jason: Did you pee in the potty, Veronica?
Me: Do you still have to pee more?
Veronica: I squeeze. I try to squeeze!
(Veronica presses her knees together tightly.)
M: You're trying to squeeze the pee-pee out?
V: Yeah. I try to squeeze the pee-pee!
(Veronica starts smacking her legs lightly.)
V: I cann'd do it. I cann'd get de pee out!
J & M: (stiffling giggles)
V: I can't get it to work!

Veronica may have had problems peeing, but Jason and I were about ready to wet ourselves. Too, too funny. And man, is my kid gonna hate me in a few years when she finds out I posted this little gem on the internet. ;-)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:24 AM , Blogger Ohio Queen said...

    Ran across your blog and love it. The true tales of children. Mine is four and I always say that it is funny what comes out of their mouths....

    Potty training will happen one day soon. I promise!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home