Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

OK, now onto Words of Wisdom from Veronica. (Just note that I'm spelling them as they're meant to be spelled, and not how they're pronounced. If you're that curious about the translation into Veronica-ese, write me and I'll get right on it.)

The Meaning of Death:

Veronica: Where Janus?
Jason: I don't know, he's probably in the other room.
Veronica: Where Pita?
Jason: Pita's dead.
Veronica: Pita dead.
Jason: Do you know what "dead" means?
Veronica: Pita too tired. Pita no come home anymore.

The Meaning of Strength:

Veronica is voicing concern that monsters are in her bedroom.

Jason: There's no monsters and even if there were, you're tough!
Me: You're strong!
Veronica (loudly): I strong! I watch football!

Teaching Daddy About the Animal Kingdom:

Jason is changing Veronica's diaper.

Veronica: Look! I have feet!
Jason: You do have feet.
Veronica: You have feet, Daddy!
Jason: Yup, I have feet too.
Veronica: Mommy have feet!
Jason: Yes, Mommy has feet. You know, most living things have feet.
Brief pause
Veronica: Fish have tail, Daddy.

And that's it for now, as she fights the constant cold of toddlerhood and watches the same episode of "Blues's Clues" on DVD for the umpteenth time. (And it's not even a Steve episode, grrrr....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home