Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Saturday, March 15, 2003

I've been horribly sleepy. I've been horribly moody. I've felt, in short, horrible. Plus huge.

Well, at least I'm not crazy: My doctor's appointment yesterday showed that I'm still measuring a little large. As in, I'm at 32.5 weeks of pregnancy, and my abdomen is measuring at 39 weeks.

Thirty-nine weeks.

This is just a tape-measure of my uterus. Part of it is my physical shape - I'm short, so the baby has no where to go but out. I wasn't exactly svelte before I got pregnant, so I know part of it is fat. And part of it is most likely water retention. But that's not all of it - my kid is big, that's all there is to it, and at the very least I get to see her on ultrasound again (this time in two weeks.)

So that's my big news (no pun intended), aside of course from the baby shower and an outpouring of generosity stemming from it. But I'm tired and feeling crappy (see above), so I'll mention that next time 'round so I can better convey how truly touched I've been by my friends and family as of late. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home