Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Monday, February 17, 2003

Our cat, Pita, is sitting by our French patio doors leading into our backyard. She is begging to be let out. This only proves that she has no depth perception.

If I step outside right now, the snow will reach my knees. And Pita? She'd instantly be buried.

I cannot believe that two of my neighbors have already left their driveways. As Jason said, "How important are your jobs, anyway?" I've seen news reports of the freeways, for crying out loud, and even THEY aren't cleared. My Buick was not meant for off-roading. It's still snowing. And they've even made an announcement on the news that all parking meters downtown are closed so the city can plow the roads there. I'm thinking my job isn't as important as my neighbors'.

The neighborhood kids are loving this, as you can imagine, both for the snow days and for the unprecedented opportunity to play in this much snow. I know that I will have to keep Veronica well-stocked in little boots for such occasions in the future. And myself too, as I've like to point out that most local daycare centers are closed today due to the weather, and there's no way I could resist joining her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home