Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Tuesday, January 28, 2003

OK, so today was a little better. Not like work was much better, but I can only worry about it so much. Maybe more tomorrow. Just not today.

No, today had its own worry: Veronica's movements. Or infrequency thereof.

A little background as to my baby's day:

Most days, she goes into three "fiesty" periods where she's just a little flurry of activity. She gets her morning fiesties when I'm in the shower or eating breakfast. Her mid-day fiesties happen between 1:30 and 3 in the afternoon, when I'm at my desk at work. And then there's her evening fiesties, which last from around 9-10 in at night until I go to bed.

In addition to this routinue, she has days where she is just beating the hell out of me. Have you seen the movie "Alien"? Yeah, kinda like she's trying that. These days are always followed by a mellow day, where she only moves enough to keep me from totally panicking - I think she's just regaining her strength.

So onto today: Sunday was one of her busy, rough days. Monday was a rest day. So I expected normal activity to resume today. Imagine how worried I was when she barely moved this morning and throughout the day. When she didn't perk up this afternoon, I called the doctor's office and ended up going in to get her heartbeat checked. Oh, she's fine, she just decided to settle to my lower abdomen all day for whatever reason. When the nurse tried to find her heartbeat, she kept moving around to avoid the stethoscope for a while. She's just stubborn, she's got her own mind - she's fine but she scared the hell out of me. I love her more than ever. I'm hoping she is OK. Until she gives me another Alien day, I'll probably still be worried. Work seems so insignificant in comparison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home