Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Monday, January 06, 2003

ACK!

I went to bed last night knowing that our yard was covered with a thin layer of snow. I woke up this morning, looked out my window, and saw a Currier & Ives print. Yeah, the first day of the first full work week after the holidays, and I get to brush four inches of snow off my car at 8 a.m. Bleh. :-P Then it took me an hour to actually get into work, twice the time it normally took. Yeah, this day's going swell. Add that to the fact that if I look out the window, I think I'm stuck in a giant snow globe. One more inch of accumulation, my ass. My white car's gonna be camouflaged and I won't find it until spring thaw.

The one thing I am excited about is to hear what sort of plans Columbus has to celebrate the Buckeyes' national championship title. Jason and I actually watched most of the game on Friday evening. (OK, so I conked out on the sofa during the first half while Jason played Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 on the computer. But hey, we watched past halftime!) This Buckeye mania gets a bit absurd sometimes, the fans reminding you on a daily basis that the term originated as "fanatic", and we decided it was time to move away from this madness once and for all when we saw the scarlett n' grey tortilla shells at Giant Eagle last week. (No, not tortilla chips, although I'm sure they were on sale as well. Tortilla SHELLS. Like to make a burrito with. Yikes.)

Don't get me wrong. We don't hate OSU, for the most part. What we hate is the attitude that if we don't care about OSU then we're some sort of heretics. To say "it's only a football game" is highest blasphemy. I don't think I can properly convey just how insane it gets around here. But we're developing a "when in Rome" theory about the whole thing, and it really is nice when the local team wins highest honors. Plus they've been playing some really exciting football this season - edge-of-your-seat stuff, and normally I really couldn't care less about the game if I tried. So a citywide celebration would be very cool. And we won't be moving on account of tortilla shells....although if this kid I'm carrying ever expresses a deep desire to play in the 'Shoe, I think we're moving to Alaska. :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home