Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Monday, February 17, 2003

*yawn*

I really shouldn't be posting. I should be working on some laundry and heading to bed. But motivation's been low, as I've been homebound for about the past 36 hours or so.

It's not due to complications with the baby. On the contrary, she's kicking up a storm and seems to be having a grand old time. No, it's been the weather.

We have a foot of snow outside.

It's covering our yard, our cars, and most importantly, the road on which we live. Jason tried to venture out this morning but was highly unsucessful at actually getting somewhere. Oh, he made it down the road a little ways, then back, but I believe it was mostly steering and sliding, with little "driving" actually involved.

It's been this way all weekend, to some degree or another. I've already called in late to work tomorrow, and feel perfectly justified as our Sheriff's website states we are under a Level 2 snow emergency (which means, only drive if necessary and call your workplace before you go in. Past that, keep your ass put.) Plus, it's a government holiday tomorrow, and I'll tell you right now that little work gets done at a law office that can't contact the Court.

This DOES connect somewhat to the baby, as we've used all this indoor time to work some more on getting the nursery in order. We even washed all the newborn-3 months outfits and all the blankets. (Veronica has 13 flannel receiving blankets alone now, and this isn't counting the non-flannel, fluffy blankies. In total, she has well over twenty at this point. Kid should stay warm, wouldn't you say?) This storm also makes me all shades of glad that I'm not due around now. Hell, it wasn't that bad on Saturday, and it took us a good half hour to dig out of the driveway then. Add another seven inches of snow on top of that, and you can see why I wouldn't look forward to being rushed to a hospital any time soon. People keep telling me "You're due in May? Spring is a wonderful time to have a baby!" and I'm having to agree at this point. (Although being big n' pregnant during the worst Ohio winter anyone can remember does have it's own, special way of sucking. Yeah, navigating icy parking lots on my way into work is SO EASY when I have the coordination of a hippo on Valium.)

Oh well, still need to do laundry. I called our HR director and told her I'd be in tomorrow at noon, so it'd be nice if I actually had something to wear at that time. :-P I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll say that I don't need to come in at all, making this the first time since I've been out of school that I've been granted a snow day. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home