Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Well, Veronica had some synapses firing last night.

We're in the car and Jason and I are in mid-conversation when Veronica pipes up from the backseat with this query:

"What you thinking about, Mommy? My bear?"

I stifled a laugh. "No, Veronica, I wasn't thinking about your bear."

She then goes on to describe said bear to me, mostly using the word "yellow" as that's what color said bear is.

We stop to get some food. Veronica gets out of the car and wonders where we're going.

"We're going to McDonald's" Jason said. To which Veronica replied:

"Quack quack here."

(sigh)

We're playing in her bedroom later and she keeps turning her lamp on and off. I tell her to stop that. "It's not a toy," I say. To which she points around the room and responds, "No, dat not a toy. Dat a lamp. Is dat a toy? Dat a princess. Yes! Dat a toy! Is dat a toy? Yes!"

I just look at her. "You're messing with me, aren't you?" I ask. And she doesn't respond.

I know I'm forgetting a bunch, as my kid was on fire with the amusing thoughts last night, but I'm sure Jason will remember a few and hopefully they will be posted, before we both forget entirely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home