Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

So, Veronica is a spirited kid. That's putting it politely, actually. She's the most stubborn human being I've ever met. I thought I was the child of the most stubborn people. I thought I dated them or even married them (he he he...Love you Jason!) but as it turns out, I was wrong on all counts. I gave birth to the most stubborn person, and she is quickly approaching the age of three.

Now, a lot of times you can reason with Veronica. You can bribe her, appeal to her sweet side by telling her how happy you'll be if she minds, etc. You can even compromise. And then, some days, well, I can't put it better than Jason did in an e-mail to me from work, describing how he got her ready for the day today:

"Veronica was the penultimate nightmare this morning.
She beat me. She won. I wish she had an iron will. Iron can bend.
I cannot make that kid do something she ultimately doesn't want to do. And she is only 2 years old.

What are we going to do?
She is wearing pink socks today. There is no force on this earth that could have got blue socks on her living feet. Nothing.

I never would have thought that I could be so traumatized over socks.
I have shell shock today.
It was like trying to paint the nails of a wolverine that was on fire while falling.
Difficult is merely a word."


And frankly, I know exactly what he's talking about.

So Veronica's a lot healthier, but man, she's showing it in some really bad ways. Terrible two's - oh yeah. Wish us all luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home