Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My mom's in town for a few days, at our request, and we're really glad she's around to help out. Veronica's cold - the cough, the runny nose, the goopy eyes and the intermitent fever - has yet to fully go away. Jason had a good idea, and that was to keep her out of preschool for this week so she can rest up, get some individual care, and hopefully get better. And of course my mom's not going to let her go outside in 40 degree weather and play in the mud - which HAS happened at preschool and is a very sore spot with me and Jason, as you can well imagine. Especially after they sent home a paper with every child about the widespread illnesses and how we all need to try to keep our kids home to prevent the spread of illness. Yeah, and damp kids running around in weather barely about freezing REALLY helps all of them stay healthy. :-P

Thus far, Veronica will actually eat for my mom, scarfing down a large bowl of Spaghettios last night and finishing it off with two individual-sized applesauce containers. While I can't help being perturbed that she won't do this for me or Jason, or even her preschool teachers anymore, I'm at least happy SOMEONE can get her eat. Of course, it's totally the novelty. If my mom lived next door or something, she'd probably run and start screaming "NOOOOOO!!!!" at the mere mention of food - which, btw, is what she does to me and Jason. Thrilling, to be sure.

That's the most recent Veronica update. I've still got some time on my lunch break and am sleepy. Waking up several times every night to hear my daughter coughing into the baby monitor does not make for a restful sleep. :-( So off I go to surf and relax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home