Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Monday, February 06, 2006

I cannot believe what Veronica said yesterday.

Jason had given her one of her gummy-candy vitamins, which she normally scarfs down immediately. Yesterday, however, she just held it in her hands and licked it. As this is a prime set-up for a gooey mess, Jason and I told her repeatedly to either eat it or throw it away.

Jason then says "Last time, kid: Eat it or throw it away, or I'm taking it away."

And she gave him a grumpy look, then looked down and said, "No, Daddy. I not a kid!"

What?!

Jason was a bit taken aback, although he instantly replied with "What do you mean, you're not a kid? You ARE a kid! Now you have to listen to me - eat it or throw it away!"

Good lord. I wasn't expecting THAT for another decade or so. "I not a kid." Veronica- you're still in DIAPERS, for crying out loud!

In addition to this little verbal gem are her comments upon watching the Superbowl last night. She liked the commercials with the guy who works with apes. She liked the Clysdale ads. And then we got to the one with Kermit the Frog. A recap: He's canoeing and hiking and climbing in the wilderness, while "It's Not Easy Being Green" plays in the background. Once he reaches his destination, a charcoal grey Ford SUV awaits. He walks around to the back, sees the plaque stating "HYBRID", and comments, "I guess it IS easy being green!" Yeah, yeah, typical ad. But not to Veronica. She instantly said "That car not green!" and looked at Jason, so confused. We had to laugh.

Her other commentary was during the halftime show. We were at Susan's condo, and as the Rolling Stones droned on, she looked at us and said "I wanna go home now." When you can't even capitvate a toddler, you need a better show. That's all I'm saying.

These have been her latest little gems. More when I get time and when she says them. :-)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:11 PM , Blogger Katja said...

    I wish I could've seen all those commercials everyone keeps talking about!

     
  • At 8:48 PM , Blogger Maranie said...

    Katja, you really didn't miss much. And hey, there's always the internet - I'm sure they're all out there somewhere, and if I didn't have dialup, I'd find the good ones for ya. :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home