Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Awwww....

I'm melting. Yesterday I picked up Veronica from Debbie's, and when we got home, I went to get her out of her car seat and said "I love you, Veronica." And she said "I wuv Mommy."

(melts)

First time she's ever said it, to my knowledge. She said it kind of absent-mindedly, but who cares? She said it! That's all that matters to me now.

In the meantime, I was afraid to post recently because, due to the financial crunch of our household at the moment, we have downgraded from cable to dial-up, albeit high-speed dial-up. This is driving me nuts; it's not as bad as regular dial-up used to be, but I've been spoiled for so long with cable at home and DSL or the like at work. I almost thought that posting wouldn't work, until I reminded myself that, duh, I was on regular dial-up when I first started blogging. Hell, I was on regular dial-up when I started THIS blog.

Also on the chopping block are the cable TV and the cell phone. Jason hooked up an antenna, so we now get five stations in their fuzzy glory, but the cell phone - I never even used it that much, and I'm going through serious withdrawal. The TV isn't much better; we've exhausted our DVD collection to the point where we bought a couple inexpensive ones tonight just to have something to watch. (Another SpongeBob collection for Veronica, as I'm way sick of the two SpongeBob DVDs she already has, and "Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars," which we somehow missed when it was a mini-series and now can't watch on Sci-Fi anyhow should they rerun it because, of course, we don't have Sci-Fi anymore.)

I need to get some sleep. Here's hoping my lazy internet can post this before morning, and that our finances get into shape before too long. This really kinda sucks.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark your site!

    I have a cell phone plan
    site. It pretty much covers cell phone plan
    related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home