Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Saturday, April 05, 2003

Um, I don't think my dad gets the concept of "palsy."

I talked to my mom and dad today on the phone. Mom had taken some pictures when she was here last week and they've already been developed. Naturally, I don't have much of a facial expression because half my face isn't cooperating. (I'd ask my readers to try it, but you really can't.)

So here goes the conversation regarding said photos:

Dad: "I thought you looked grumpy in all those pictures."
Mom (exasperated voice): "Thom, I told you, she didn't want to smile because of her face."
Me: "Um, I was trying to smile. Only half my face succeeded."

*sigh*

In the meantime, one of our homework assignments for Lamaze class is for the moms to write letters to our babies about what it's like to be pregnant with them. While I will do so, I'd like to point out that I could just be really lazy and print out a copy of this weblog. :-P

Best quote of the week regarding pregnancy is from our Lamaze instructor, Pat. Picture her: Middle-aged. Grey hair, short. Looks like a grandma. IS a grandma. She's very slender, always well-dressed, very short. Wears very nice but way too large glasses. Always has a serene smile on her face and speaks in pleasant tones, with pleasant words. You will never hear her curse or raise her voice. Extra note: She's a lactation consultant, and Jason and I have some disagreement over whether she introduced herself the first night as a minister's wife or as a minister herself. You see her now. You have an idea what she sounds like.

So here's the quote:

"(When you're in labor) you may experience some diarrhea. And at this point you're thinking, 'No. This is not cute.'"

Sorry, that's been cracking me up all week.

That's all for now, as I go back to what I've been doing most successfully today, which is sleeping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home