Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Saturday, March 29, 2003

Quick update:

Went for my latest prenatal visit yesterday. Dr. Paul gave me an ultrasound to get Veronica's measurements and, therefore, approximate size. We got to see a blurry image of her little face (nose like mine and chubby little cheeks!), her little heart beating, one of her arms with a hand in a fist, and a confirmation that she is, indeed, a girl.

Then Dr. Paul gave us the skinny on how big she is. I'll give you an estimate on what she's supposed to be right now: I'm at 34.5 weeks. My uterus should measure around that. My baby, according to the BabyCenter.com chart (which you may or may not be able to link up to without being a member, I don't know), should be between 4.73 and 5.25 lbs.

My uterus measures at 41 weeks, and Veronica is approximately 7 lbs. My due date is not for another 5.5 weeks, and she still has another 2.5 weeks to go until her birth would not be considered premature.

Adding to all this, Dr. Paul has greatly restricted my work hours now, down to 25 hours a week (or 5 hours a day - I talked it over with our HR director and we agreed that 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. would work best for all involved.) I'm swelling up something fierce, and Dr. Paul admits that it could be causing or at least worsening the palsy. Plus I've been getting exhausted, and it's hard for me to move around (understandably so, considering I'm already the size of a woman who's overdue to have a child.) She said too that the swelling would go down with the more water I drink, and the more I lay on my left side. So off I go to chug some more agua and lounge on the sofa - which really isn't as fun as it sounds, at least not with mid-Saturday TV. :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home