Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I guess I can share Veronica's latest accomplishment:

She has been using the potty exclusively now for almost three weeks, only using diapers for overnight and the occasional nap. She just woke up one morning wanting to wear panties instead of a diaper, and other than a few accidents, she hasn't looked back since. She really acts like it's no big deal and that she's been doing it for ages. Huh. It's just like walking: She wasn't serious about it until she had it all figured out. (sigh).

Of course, what would a Veronica accomplishment be without an accompanying anecdote? Here it goes:

We were at a restaurant last night and I told her that if she needed to go potty, to let me know.

"Dey have a potty here?" she asked.

"Yes. Do you have to go?" I asked.

"No." Cranes her neck. "Where de potty?"

"It's WAY in the back, Veronica. It's not, like, over at the next table and out in the open."

"I wanna see."

So I took her back to the restroom. It was empty and had two stalls. I opened each door and showed her the potties. She was satisfied. We immediately went back to our booth.

Next stop: Target. First question asked upon entering the store: "Dey have potties in here?"

She waited until she got home to actually pee. But man, she was fascinated by the thought of potties in various places. Potties at home: old and busted. Toilets in public is the new hotness, apparently. ;-)

I just had to post this. Jason and I are trying to do this amicably, and I don't see why such cute memories should be lost just because I'm sad over other things.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Keep posting. You (and Veronica and Jason) will be glad you did.

    Hugs,
    Susan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home