Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Happy third birthday, Veronica!

So far she's opened up her box with two Disney t-shirts, preferring the Buzz Lightyear one over the Tinkerbell one. That's my girl. ;-) She also liked her Disney princess bracelet and loved the polished rocks Jason and I bought her at COSI. More presents and cupcakes tonight. :-)

Last week I told her that her birthday was soon. "I get flowers!" she said. I was so confused. She went on to say, "Miss Lori got flowers for her birthday. Miss Jan got flowers for her birthday." As both of these teachers at her school did, indeed, have birthdays recently, I'm presuming their spouses or co-workers provided them with a workplace bouquet, apparently witnessed by Veronica. "I get birthday flowers!" she said. So what was I to do?

The last thing she got this morning: A small pot with three pink Gerber daisies. "Dere my flowers for my birthday" she said, quite matter-of-factly, as if it were completely expected and wouldn't be a birthday without them. And hey, after she'd told me about her teachers' flowers, she might as well have started expecting them at that moment. No way in hell she wasn't getting flowers of some sort today.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy Birthday, Veronica! :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home