Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Just a quick note: We've decided against the radiation treatments for Pita, given her age, her condition, and financial reasons. Plus we decided that putting her through all that would be cruel.

So today she started on some medication to keep her comfortable. She has about two months left, tops. We'll probably have to have her euthanized before that, as she won't be able to breathe well or possibly eat.

I called a local funeral home that does pet cremations. They have good rates and a package just for pets that includes a personalized urn, an imprint of one of her paws, and a fur clipping. For a little extra, they'll transport her straight from our home or the vet's office to the crematory. The amount for all this is less than $100.00, and I'm grateful that such services exist here. I'm just devestated that I have to be doing this at all right now, though.

My friends have sent some wonderful e-mails in support, as well as the comments left here by my readers. Thank you all. My mom sent us a package with some of Pita's favorite toys; she half-heartedly played with them today, but I was surprised she batted at them at all. And our friend Marty from California - some of you know who he is - sent a card directly to Pita, with words of comfort and a check to help with the costs of her care (made out to Pita's "mom" because, being a cat, she doesn't have a bank account; if you know Marty, you'll know he actually wrote that in the card.) So thank you to everyone for your support.

Veronica's fine, Jason's got a cold, and Debbie's back in town briefly so hopefully we can get together before she leaves again for Tucson. That's it for now. Don't really have anything else to say at the moment.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM , Blogger Katja said...

    Hope you are hanging in there.

     
  • At 9:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for offering this great service to learn about lingerie pic. I have a website about lingerie pic which makes me very interested in what you have going here. I think I am going to start up my own blog so I can spread the news! Thanks you are offering this great service!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home