Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Saturday, January 17, 2004

Veronica's napping and Jason's working on bills, so a quick note:

On Wednesday, Jan. 14, Debbie taught Veronica how to clap her hands. She was just doing it to music, but now pretty much anything will provoke her to clap her hands together and, sometimes, make sound. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen, and Veronica's so proud of herself.

Her doctor's visit last week placed her in the 25th percentile for weight (16 lbs. 14 oz.) but 80th for length (28 1/4 inches), with her head being smack dab in the 50th percentile. What does this all mean? We have a long, slender baby. If you know what I look like, you will see how I wonder if there wasn't some mix-up at the hospital. :-P

The doctor said we could start her in on any sort of food, so we went up to the Gerber No. 3 foods, which have spices and little chunks of potatoes and such. Man, does she hate that. Fortunately we still have a nice supply of bland, mushy No. 2 foods. Maybe she'll be ready for the other ones later...

In an effort to get her clapping again today, I turned on the kids music on internet radio. Did you know that "Obli-de, obla-da" was converted into a children's song, along with some little British boy not a day over 7 singing it? Me neither, but we danced to it and I was pretty psyched to here a kidde version of my favorite Beatles tune.

I have been exhausted lately, moody, and having a hard time watching what I eat. Fortunately, it's not due to another pregnancy; rather, my thyroid's out of whack again. Frankly, I was more worried about having something really wrong with me, so this is quite a relief.

I'm still tired. So while Veronica continues to doze, and Jason continues to crunch numbers, I might just get a little shut-eye before we head over to my friend Heather's tonight. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home