Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Thursday, December 25, 2003

Merry Christmas, everyone! And Merry Baby's First Christmas too!

Veronica marked the occasion by waking up at 4:40 a.m. this morning. I got her back to bed in less than an hour, but I still want to know how she knew to wake up so early on Christmas morning. Is it just born into kids, or what?

Veronica, so far, prefers a few gifts over others:

- the Leap Frog Learning Drum;
- the musical, light-up Winnie-the-Pooh from my mom and dad;
- the toy cement mixer truck;
- the spinning, stacking toy from Coby and Chad; and
- the little Care Bear from Coby and Chad.

Of course, her favorite things of all are the tags, the wrapping paper, and the packaging - all great things to chew on, apparently. :-P

Jason and I have had a good Christmas too - family, friends, co-workers and employers all have been very generous. Jason ended up getting me a gorgeous pair of white gold hoops, a Bon Jovi CD I'd been asking for, Godiva chocolates, and - an impulse buy that I just love - a Moe's Tavern clock for the kitchen, even though he can't understand why I like "The Simpsons" so much. Plus, money we've received has been used to purchase a CD player for my car - finally!

This is in addition to a wall hanging from Coby and Chad, "Interview With the Vampire" on DVD from Coby, and numerous things from my parents (favorite: the $300 gift certificate to Lane Bryant) and Aunt Emily (the video camera stands out there - we have Veronica's first Christmas on tape!)

As soon as Veronica wakes from her midday nap, we're heading out to Jason's family's in Marietta. Jason is cleaning up wrapping paper and packaging. Pita is wandering around, viewing everything (including her new toy from my parents and the new kitty bed Jason and I purchased for her.)

I'd better be going. Just wanted to note Veronica's first Christmas, and to all my readers - Merry Christmas to you too. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home