Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Friday, October 10, 2003

Yesterday was my and Jason's fourth wedding anniversary. What can I say? So far, it's been a rocky road, with problems stemming from both of us. And yet, everything is wonderful too. I think all the things we've been through have only made us even stronger, where I never even knew we were weak. It seems like such a long time, such an achievement - but when I know that someday we will be celebrating anniversaries not with a baby, but a girl...then a teenager...then a young woman...then a middle-aged daughter...then it hits me that we're only just beginning this journey, and what a wonderful journey to take.

This weekend we are spending alone, with Aunt Emily watching Veronica at home while we travel to Toledo. We will wander hand in hand through the art museum. We will dine at some overpriced restaurant with only each other. We will spend the long, dreary drive up 23 together with only our conversation and a few CD's to entertain us. (We used to have friends that lived in the area and went to visit all the time, rarely ever playing music, preferring only to talk the entire way. I miss those conversations; it might be the reason Jason suggested the trip there again.)

So this post isn't about the baby. It's about her mother and father, and how before they were known as Mommy and Daddy, they were Maranie and Jason. And how, even though their titles have changed forever, they will always be Maranie and Jason at heart. :-)

(Note: I'm not sure any of this makes sense - all I know is, although I already miss Veronica, I am so looking forward to this trip and being alone with my husband. Forgive me if I wax romantic, and therefore stop making sense - because since when did love make sense, anyway?) ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home