Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Veronica had her latest doctor's appointment on Monday. Here's a rundown on her measurements:

Her head measures in the 65th percentile.
Her length is 25.25 inches, in the 75th percentile.
Her weight is 13 lbs. 6 oz., in the 50th percentile.

And she's been a little under the weather, sleeping pretty much all day yesterday and all through last night, horribly loud thunderstorm be damned. (Although she DID manage to turn a 180 in her crib.)

At any rate, she's getting big. And she's considerably larger than this date last year, as it was exactly one year ago this evening when I took a home pregnancy test and, for the first time, got two lines instead of one. Amazing how many memories you can associate with such things, as I can also say that a year ago this evening, Jason was calling his friend Bobby to see if he'd like to hang out that night as I slipped into the master bath to take the test. I can tell you that a year ago tonight, Jason and I purchased four more home pregnancy tests in a late-evening shopping trip to Meijer. And I could go on and on about all the emotions I was feeling at all these times. They're feelings I'll never forget, and how could I, when it all resulted in my beautiful little girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home