Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Monday, February 12, 2007

As Jason's car wasn't running this weekend, we ran a few errands together. At one point, he dropped me off at Kroger to turn in a prescription, and then drove Veronica to Tim Horton's for a snack.

At some point during their sojourn, Veronica uttered "Oh, dammit!" Which is one I haven't heard from her before, and neither has he. Jason told her, "Veronica, you can't say that word yet. That's a grown-up word. That's not a kids' word. You'll get in trouble if you say that."

Fast forward about an hour, when we're all in my car. Veronica is making up words in the backseat, stringing letters together to "spell" things.

"M E O R Y...H!" she exclaimed.

"What is M E O R Y H?" Jason asked.

And then she said, in a slightly haughty tone:

"No Daddy, you can't say that. That's a kids' word. That not a grown-up word. You say that, you get in trouble."

I laughed so hard, I had tears coming out of my eyes. I had to share that one. I'm still laughing at it.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OK, she is scary-smart--which is a very good thing! Not only will she keep you on your toes, she'll also keep you (and all of us blog readers, too) in stitches...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home