Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

To Anne, to Sharon, and for the first time, to Sara:

Happy Mother's Day!

(And for whomever I left out, because I forget things sometimes and kick myself in the ass later for it - I'm sorry, and Happy Mother's Day to you as well!)

My day went well, now that I'm feeling better. Jason did the dinner and a movie (T.G.I. Friday's - his pick, my appetite wasn't up to choosing, followed by my choice of movie, "The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy," which was beautiful, well cast, flowed well, and yet was completely lackluster.) We stopped by this store called What On Earth at Polaris and Jason got me a pair of earrings, gorgeous circles of Venetian glass. But the best surprise had to be what was waiting for me on the sofa when I woke up this morning:

A picture list from the Portrait Studio at Target. Jason took Veronica when I was sick on Friday and had portraits of him and her taken together. I loved it and started crying. There was my whole world in a photograph, of course I loved it. I can't wait to get them, we can pick them up on the 26th.

My mom had a wonderful day, as did Nanny and Grandma; I called them all. I'm hoping my sister Pam, should she read this, had a happy day too, as well as my niece Shara. And Debbie, a mother herself and almost a second mother to Veronica, had a good day too, watching and playing with her. Here's hoping whoever else is reading this, mother or not, had a wonderful day too. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home