Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Monday, October 07, 2002

I need to keep my head out of the clouds. I need to concentrate on home, on unpacking and helping out with the housework whenever I feel better. I need to concentrate more on work, add some new responsibilities and start making up hours now for doctor's appointments later. I need to keep in mind that I'm only ten weeks along and therefore nothing's for certain yet.

So why am I jonesing for more baby gifts and a maternity-wear shopping spree? It's all-consuming, I just want to purchase EVERYTHING I'll be needing for the next years. I can't even stay out of the damn diaper aisle at the grocery store. I just want to go nuts and have it all stocked NOW. I've heard of "nesting" but not of "hoarding" as I now truly become The Squirrel Girl, after all these years, trying to stock up this fall for the long months ahead. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home