Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Thursday, October 03, 2002

Huh. Well, I didn't get to update at home, so I'll do so now:

I'm at nine weeks plus, as of today. My husband Jason and I tried for about a year and four rounds of Clomid. So far I've had an ultrasound (I'll get the pics of that posted as soon as I can), and everything's looking fine, but I'm still worried sick.

I'm literally sick, too. Anything can hit the Nausea Trigger, I'm too tired to do about damn near anything, my sleep is fitful at best, and I'm bawling with little provocation to do so. I've read the pregnancy books and the websites and all, and they all say you will have SOME of the symptoms. My problem is, I've got ALL of them to varying degrees. One goes away, the other starts up. It's ridiculous. Like I told my friend Beth, "It's like my body's going through the Pregnancy Sampler - a little bit of EVERYTHING."

I'm freakin' obsessed with being pregnant, to the point where I had a dream last night of talking with a friend of mine who frets over sillier stuff than me. In the dream, she was getting stupid over worrying about what soup to eat that evening, I tried to talk it over with her, then thought "This is dumb, she has no clue what it is to really worry about anything!" and she just disappeared. I guess that's the beauty of dreams. ;-) Bizarro, sure, but that's just it: Everything else seems trivial, as I'm constantly thinking of myself and the baby (leading to the comment I made to Jason of "I've never been more selfish or more selfless before in my life.") It's a bit maddening, actually. Combine this with the Instananeous Mood Swings (Just Add Water!), a sex drive less than that of an amoeba, and a total lack of incentive to do anything but sleep, and it's a wonder Jason hasn't hiked off to parts unknown. Yikes.

I had a blog regarding the "trivial" stuff before, too, but I completely messed up the code. Hence the Blogger template here. But I needed a new forum, just for the impending motherhood. I'm not saying that I don't still like the things I did before, I mean, I'm going to be watching Friends and ER tonight and buying Buffy comics every now and again. I'm still going to play around online and such. It's just not quite the same.

I'll add a comments section to my entries as soon as I can find a friend with mucho HTML knowledge, and possibly start up an e-mail account just for this page, but until then, that's all I can say right now. Time to go surf BabyCenter.com for the umpteenth time and try to relax on my lunch break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home