Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Saturday, October 05, 2002

Long story, but I got this picture in the mail the other day, with me in it, that was taken back in April. Jason looked at it and commented on how much weight I'd lost. I mean, you can really only see my face in this shot, but it's still apparent

I lost 17 lbs. on Weight Watchers before I got pregnant, and if the doctor's scales are accurate, I lost another two pounds due to morning sickness. The beauty of all this is that my weight loss might've been a contributing factor to my success in getting pregnant, when I had failed before. And an added perk is that I never bought any new clothes. I just let the old ones kinda hang off of me, and now I'm growing back into them.

The doctor said I'll gain between 20-35 lbs. If I gain 20, I'm right back to that photo in April, and while I wasn't exactly happy looking like that, I didn't think I was horrendously unattractive. In fact, given the right ensemble, I felt like quite the hottie at times. (Jason helped with that quite a bit - thank god my husband is a man who loves me and thinks I'm beautiful no matter what I weigh. Some women are not so lucky.) So if I get back up to that weight, or even a bit above it, no big whoop. I know for some women, it's a shock to be thin for so long and then put on all that weight. Me, no sweat. At least this time, I'll know it's not from bad eating habits and my exercise ethic akin to that of a sloth. It's from this wonderful life starting inside of me. And if that's not a wonderful reason to put back on the pounds, then I don't think one exists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home