Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Friday, October 04, 2002

Hmmmmm.....

I had a thought - first time for everything, huh? :-P - that perhaps my total lack of interest in pre-pregnancy pleasures might not just be some maternal instinct kicking in. My total exhaustion could be partly to blame. For example, I usually love my Monday Night Margaritas with my girlfriends. It's not so much about the 99 cent margaritas (although that helps!) as it is about the conversation. Well, I missed the last margarita night. Of course I would've ordered virgin 'ritas or something else non-alcoholic, and insisted on the non-smoking section, but I still missed out on lots o' conversation and face-to-face friend time. And I really don't regret it, because all I can think of is: It's a 30 minute drive to and from. If I get sick, I'll have to run for the bathroom all the time in a public place, and then how am I supposed to get home? The drive and the sitting and quite possibly the conversation will exhaust me.

And that's the way it is with EVERYTHING. Almost everything I do has become tedious, a chore to finish. Whatever it is, if it doesn't make me sick or tired, then it's a rare occasion.

(This is, of course, compounded by situations Jason and I have run into in our new house, such as the phone jack not working in the computer room, which means that we need to stretch a phone cord two rooms over to get online. Or the burners on our stove, which smell to high heaven no matter what is cooked on them, so cooking is a hassle. And let's not even start with the dishwasher that makes the dishes dirtier.)

In fact, I'm so pooped that I'm taking off now to try and find more relaxing pursuits for my lunch break. Too bad I can't just curl up in my cubicle and take a nap, which would be impossible to do anyway since the smell of someone else's lunch is making me nauseous.

They keep telling me it'll get better. I think they're lying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home