Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Veronica was upstairs playing tonight and told me to go downstairs. I started checking my e-mail. Sometimes she just likes playing by herself.

Minutes later, she starts down the stairs and says "Mommy! I have a surprise for you!" So I close my eyes and tell her to let me know when I can open them - oh, and be careful going down those stairs. (I AM a mom, you know.)

When she said "you can open them", I see that she has brought some of her kitchen playset downstairs, a green pot with two yellow goblets, a green salt shaker, and pink utensils, all plastic. She set a goblet with a spoon before me on the computer desk and started carefully arranging all her items. "Oh, you brought your kitchen downstairs," I said. "No Mommy," she cheerfully replied, "I having you a party!"

I thought I was going to cry. It was the sweetest thing. It didn't get any less adorable a few minutes later when she went back upstairs for the rest of her kitchen items. She has a carrying case for snacks; she had me put the rubber egg in it - now dubbed "your cheese, Mommy!" - and told me it was my cheese box. She handed me her stuffed pink monkey. She handed me her new plush kitty cat. It was so touching.

I wanted it to last forever, but it was her bath time. She went upstairs without fuss. Now she's asleep, but the little kitchenette items remain on the computer desk, the monkey sitting by my feet, and I never want to move them again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home