Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Now that Veronica and I are getting settled into our new apartment and new routinue, there are some things that she has taken to doing:

First off, our next-door neighbor has a very beat-up van with a huge dent in the front passenger-side grill. Veronica likes looking at the "broke truck" and asks why it's broke. "He probably hit another car or something else with it," I answer. To which she replies, "Miss Beth hit the car! She hit with her car!" This is her teacher at preschool, and I have no idea why she thinks Miss Beth wrecked this guy's van but it cracks me up nonetheless. If the van is gone, she wants to know where it is.

Secondly, we like to take walks in the evenings. One of her favorite landmarks: A coffee company's van, parked a few buildings away. "There the coffee truck!" she exclaims.

Third, sometimes when we're walking, or on the swings at the local playground, or just whenever, she'll get this wonderfully sweet little look on her face and say "You're my mommy." And I can't explain it, but she always looks so happy when she says it that I know it's her way of saying "I love you." (She says that too, but not with the same emotion behind it.) It just melts my heart every time I hear it.

That's it for now, but I know there will be more later. Always is. :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    She tells me that I am her daddy the same way.
    She rubs my head when she says it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home