Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Well, since I can only stress out about my job situation and log onto monster.com so many times in one day, I'm going to share some Veronica-isms with the rest of you:

1. Her affirmative answer:

It's not just "yes" or "yeah." It's "yeah, sure." When, of course, it isn't her default answer of "no!" which turns into "yes," or more likely, "yeah, sure." I don't know where she got this "yeah, sure" from. What frightens me is that she probably got it from me. As it stands, my baby sounds like a Valley girl and it's pretty amusing.

2. Her negative answer:

Most of the time it's a vehement "No!", repeated several times as necessary. But sometimes it's "no, huh-uh!" which makes me laugh.

3. Asking you to repeat something.

A video, or feeding her an orange slice - either way, it's always a combination of the following three things:

More!
Again!
(the sign language for "more," which involves her knocking her little fists together.)

All of these are used in combination and interchangably.

4. Excretory functions.

It's a compound word, apparently: Poop fart. She knows what farts sound like and will point them out - usually to me, which means that I can't wait until she says "Mommy fart!" in public - but she considers "fart" and "poop" to be one and the same and therefore says them both to refer to a Number Two. She has explained this logic somewhat, as grabbing her butt when she says this or following the words with "stinky." Well, yes, they both come out your butt and both are stinky. I'll explain the properties of a gas, a solid, and a liquid to her later in life. :-P

5. Blue's Clues

We watched this show today, and I found out that she refers to it as....


....wait for it....

"Cu-coos."

Yes. Like the clock. Or the bird. Good lord...

At least she's learning some new, non-amusing yet good phrases, such as "there you are!" and "I see you!" Plus she's starting to make up some songs that are mostly chants and babbles with references to Courtney, Spice, and "kitty" thrown in. And she's learning new ways to move around. Today she was walking on her knees and laying on the floor, pulling herself along with just her arms. Eh, she was having fun. (And cleaning the floor, apparently.) But I had to take a break to mention these, because they need to be recorded. Too, too funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home