Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Well, I hate to burst the happy bubble that this blog has been lately, but there has been some bad news this week. I'm being laid off. Not fired, which is good, but I still will not be working at my current position within the next three weeks or so.

This makes me rather sad, as I really like where I work and the people I work with. It wasn't perfect, but it was a really good place and I saw myself making a career there. I can't go into too much detail, but I will say that there's some restructuring and changes going on, and that I and a few other people just won't be there anymore.

It makes me upset too, of course. I know it could be worse, and talk of a severance package is in the works - I won't know details about it until next week - but I still have to go through the search for a new job. And dammit, I hate that. It's so stressful, and I'm not a big fan of uncertainty, especially when it comes to my livelihood and my family's finances.



Add the fact that I'm coming down with this cold/flu that everyone else has and can't seem to shake - Ohio's very own plague, apparently - and I just wanted to shout-out that I might be a bit preoccupied and not updating as much. I'll let all you loyal readers know when things are going a bit better. Or the next time Veronica does something amazingly advanced, cute, or frazzling. Whichever. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home