Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Saturday, December 25, 2004

A very Merry Christmas to my readers!

Veronica had a very good Christmas this year. She racked up a toy kitchen, more crayons, and refridgerator letter magnets that make the sounds of the letters. (Did she get more things? Oh yes. But these were her favorites, at least today - that toy kitchen was played with the entire day, almost non-stop.) Her grandma and grandpa (my mom and dad) came for a visit. We went to church on Christmas Eve, where she enjoyed the music and watching the other kids there. And she said many, many more things, including:

Help
Dot com (I'm totally not kidding, although she has no clue what it means.)
Barney (after getting a Barney coloring book, I have no idea how she knows who Barney is, lord knows we don't watch it here)
Food

And a few more that aren't coming to mind.

She's big into imitation - one reason why the toy kitchen was such a hit, down to the little toy phone she holds and says "hello? Hello?" She'll copy dance moves if you do them - Jason's even gotten her to fold her little arms and cluck like a chicken. That's hysterically funny and way too cute. She'll copy me, Jason, my mom and dad, even the cat - Pita stood up on Veronica's little recliner to bat at the fish tank last night, and Veronica climbed up beside her and did the same.

She loves dancing, is getting very good at communicating her wants and needs, and is just a joy. My Christmas gift from her? The big kiss and the numerous hugs she gave me at church yesterday.

But now it's late and I'm exhausted, so to quote a well-known tale:

Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home