Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Oh the weather outside is frightful.

I'm not singing. I'm stating a fact.

Eight inches of snow at least, frozen solid - Veronica can walk on top of it all and not fall through. (It even holds up for a second or two when Jason or I take a step before collapsing beneath our feet.) It's finally stopped snowing n' sleeting, but now the temperatures are supposed to get down into the single digits. Baby's first Christmas where she's actually aware something's going on, and it's going to be COLD. I'm thinking this whole "white Christmas" thing is highly overrated.

As it stands, we should count our blessings that our power is still on; that, plus a countywide Level 2 emergency state, is the reason why I wasn't in work today. Well, presuming I could even get a car out of our cul-de-sac. Here's hoping my parents can still make it in tomorrow, as the snow is supposed to be really light today in West Virginia.

More Veronica news later. I'm going to veg in front of the tree while Veronica naps.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home