Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Veronica strikes again.

First off, Veronica's favorite band right now is Shiny Toy Guns. While she was with Jason this weekend, he was not surprised to hear her singing along with their music as she sat in the backseat. However, he WAS surprised when he looked back and saw that she was sound asleep, eyes closed, slack-jawed, and singing along in her sleep. Told you she likes them!

Secondly, Jason thought he awoke before her on Sunday. It turns out she was awake, eyes wide open, just not moving. Jason asked what she was doing.

"Thinking," she said.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked.

"I was thinking that I wish to have superpowers like the Fantastic Four," she answered. "That would make life so much easier."

As Jason tried not to laugh, she continued, "I wish to have powers like the girl in Teen Titans."

"Raven or Starfire?"

"Starfire."

"Oh, so you want to fly and shoot lasers?"

"No," Veronica said, still deep in thought, "just shoot lasers."

I bring up this exchange during our drive to school and work this morning.

"So Veronica, Daddy said you wanna have superpowers?"

"No, Mommy. I was thinking about it."

*snicker* "OK, you were thinking about it. Why would you think about having superpowers? What would you do with them?"

*thoughtful silence*

"I'd fight bad guys. I'd shoot lasers at them."

Ah. Well, of course. Silly me.

The "wish," by the way, is also prominent in her lexicon. As in, if she sees something on a TV commercial that she'd like to have, she doesn't yell "I want that!" or "I wanna have that for Christmas!" or "Gimme!" No, she says,

"Mommy, look! LOOK! I wish to have that! I like that! I wish to have that too!"

*sigh*

Only my kid, I swear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home