Maranie = Mommy

A journey into every new unknown of motherhood.

Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Whee...

Here's one for the baby book: Veronica's first smile, June 16, 2003, at 1:07 p.m. Not that she hasn't smiled before - she has in her sleep, or when she has gas. She's even grinned on her changing table while looking at the Winnie-the-Pooh decals on the walls of her nursery. But yesterday, she smiled at ME. Twice. It truly made my day.

And then last night she slept from 12:30 a.m. to 8 a.m. That's 7.5 hours - her new record! We're hoping it'll become a trend and not just an early fluke.

I had all these other things to day right now - more commentary on motherhood, perhaps. Or maybe a mention of what a wonderful dad Jason is turning out to be, and how I love him more than ever now. But I can't remember exactly what I wanted to say. It's a pity; wit or insight lost to the ages for the simple reason that I just don't have the time nor the chance to write it down when I think of it. Makes me wonder about what wonderful things have never made it onto a printed page throughout the ages for the very same reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home